Saturday, October 05, 2013

And he's 7...

I tucked my 6 year old Tate to bed for the last time tonight. He's 7...7!!!! There's something about 7 that seems so much older than 6 to me. I might have said that about 6 last year though. :)

I love so much about this boy...I wonder what it would be like to think like him for a day...or even an hour.  He is so unique and funny and SMART...really smart.  I love his quirks and uniqueness...I'm a bit unique myself. ;)


And he is one gorgeous little boy!  Man, he melts my heart!


He loves music, so these pictures epitomize him.  He likes to be alone and is always thinking...about  music, dance, math, words, letters.  He is constantly thinking.


His little dimples and funky style are to die for.  Love that he likes to be different!


He is such a good boy.  So good in school and usually good at home...although he has his days! ;)


He is super sensitive and hard on himself.  He is very competitive and inquisitive.  He wants to know how things work, why they are the way they are.  He is so structured.  He can't go to sleep at night without saying the same 3 prayers with me in the same order every night.  He can't walk away from the van when I drop him off in the morning at school without (in this order) waving, blowing me a kiss and then flashing me the I love you sign.  And he still hugs and kisses me in front of all of his peers when I come to school...I will cry the day that stops!


He may be our oldest, but he will always be our first baby...the one that made us a Mommy and Daddy, the one that changed our hearts and our world forever.  He'll always be our Tater Tot.


I am so proud of Tate and love him more than words...7 is going to be a good year for him, I know it!  I know God has amazing things in store for our Tater and though I can't wait to watch Tate grow and mature as each year passes...I want to freeze time.  I  love Tate at this age, I love the conversations we have and the laughter and innocence and carefree spirit he has.

Happy Birthday, our sweet Tater Tot!  We love you from the depths of our souls and don't know how we ever survived before you were placed into our arms and became our son!

1 comment:

Farm-Raised said...

What a great kid. You can just see the JOY and goodness in his eyes! Happy birthday, Tate!