Wednesday, December 07, 2011

no pictures today, just a bunch of words...

I have a few new readers out there that I've gotten messages/emails from in the last week! Hello everyone! It's so funny that people stop here to read my blog...I am kind of boring! I just think it's because Tate is so stinkin' cute...I'd love to come here and see his face everyday too. ;)

So onto another boring update...

I have had a headache for DAYS...I am talking, since I woke up in NYC on Saturday morning! It was BAD for the first few days and definitely progressed to the migraine point by Monday afternoon. It finally went away after about 72 hours of misery and I was so relieved on Monday night to feel so much better! Then, I woke up Tuesday morning to it AGAIN! It went away by Tuesday in the late afternoon and then I woke up with it again TODAY!!! This is crazy...I've never had a headache this persistent. I've tried Ibuprofen, sleeping, drinking lots of water, drinking lots of caffeine, I don't know what to do. Frustrating...

It seems that everyone is talking about almost having their Christmas shopping all done! Yikes! I've barely just begun!!! I haven't wrapped a single present and when I go out to shop, I am just overwhelmed and don't end up buying anything. Are you? I know one thing I'm going to buy this year...a STOVE or two! You should look into it too! Affordable and life saving...they really make a difference. Go HERE to learn more!

You know what "writer's block" is? Ya, I have "photographer's block" I think. Really. I haven't pulled my camera out once since our return from NYC. I have snapped a couple of pictures with my phone, but that's been the extent of my photography. I don't know if it's going to get much better this week, but I promise to take pictures this weekend! Tate's BFF, Ava DeCook has her birthday party on Saturday, so there is sure to be lots of photographs taken for that. :)

I decided to take Tate and Ava to the matinee on Friday afternoon. Not sure which movie yet, but I am thinking Arthur Christmas. HOWEVER, I am dying to see The Muppets so maybe we'll do that instead. They are so excited and so am I. I love those two sweeties...and tell me again when they turned 5?!?!!! Ugh.

I just drank a vat of coffee and am debating on brewing another pot. I mean, I am at a loss at this point about what to do to rid myself of this headache! Staring at the computer screen is probably not helping the situation. I bet people had a lot less headaches before computers were around!

I ordered our Christmas cards last night and wrote our Christmas letter! Now, I need to go pick up the cards and print our letter. I swear that the hardest part of getting Christmas cards out is addressing and stuffing the envelopes! That is my least favorite part!

I had a frustrating day yesterday. I cannot disclose details, but what I can say is that God is faithful and I am so glad I have Him to lean on. In addition, He has put amazing family and friends in my life who I can go to in times I need to vent. Sometimes it takes difficult times like this to really appreciate what I do have and WHO I do have in my life...and man, I am one blessed person! Adoption is never smooth and easy and without worry, stress, concern, fear, lots of waiting and lots of bumps in the road...it just isn't. We know this, we were prepared for this, we were willing to dive into all of this to grow our family. Really though, my frustration yesterday was all brought on by myself...my own impatience and selfishness. Nothing earth shattering happened to change the course of our path we are walking...it just got a little bumpy yesterday. :( I don't like bumps, but I think God knows that I need to experience those bumps. It's so true, the C.S Lewis quote I have written at the top of my right sidebar, "God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks in our conscience, but shouts in our pains: it is His megaphone to rouse a deaf world.". He was screaming to me yesterday. I needed to be reminded by Him that He is in control...not me. I am never in control no matter how much I let myself believe I am at times. Thank you God for reminding me yet again! :)

And with that, I wish you all a wonderful day!

No comments: