Sunday, September 18, 2011

Hawkeye History...

It was beyond incredible to be in Kinnick Stadium to witness first hand, the biggest comeback in Iowa Hawkeye History!

It.Was.Awesome.

We went with DeCooks and tailgated for a few hours in the morning...so fun!



Then, we got to watch that rollercoaster of a game that ended with the loudest I have ever heard Kinnick Stadium EVER. Even some of the players, when interviewed, said that it was the loudest they had ever heard that stadium It was so unbelievably exciting...I might have peed my pants a little. Maybe. ;)


After the game, we tailgated for another hour or so and by then, I was SO BEAT! I mean, all that excitement seriously wore me out!



We headed to Cassie's to pick up Tate. Sat out in their lawn and chatted about the game and then somehow decided that Tate would stay there another night and we would take Lani home with us for the night. So we packed her up and headed to eat Mexican at a local restaurant in Muscatine. It was yummy and we chatted and ate slowly and then left town. Thank goodness we took so long at the restaurant because we were only about 10 minutes out of town when Cassie called to tell me that Tate was running a 102.5 temperature. Darn it! So we turned the car around, met Cassie who had Tate in tow, returned a disappointed Lani to her mom (I was just as disappointed! I love that girl!) and took a HOT Tater bug and threw him in the car to head home. He was dead asleep and snoring within 10 minutes. He was not feeling well at all! Poor thing. :( I gave him some medicine before bed, let him sleep in bed with me and he slept all night. When he woke up, we had a fever again, but insisted he wasn't sick and wanted to go stay at Brigg, Lani and Ayla's house. He was so bummed that he couldn't stay there the night before. I gave him so more medicine and explained that he couldn't go back to Muscatine today. He has not had anymore medicine since and still is fever free...thank goodness! Let's hope it was just a fluke and he's back to himself from here on out!

No comments: