Monday, September 19, 2011

a babysitter and a physical...

In all of Tate's 5 years of life, he has never had a babysitter stay with him. He's been watched by several family members and friends (who are pretty much family) on several occassions, but never a babysitter. Way back in the beginning of the summer, you may have remember me talking about Flamingo Friday. It was a neighborhood party we attended at my friend Leslie's house. There we met a young lady who babysits for Leslie's kids and I got her information in case I needed a sitter. Turns out, our anniversary is this coming weekend and we'd like to go out! We figured now was as good a time as any to break in a babysitter. So I called her up, booked her for Sunday evening for a few hours and voila, no inconveniencing of any family members or friends and a few hours out for Sean and I alone to celebrate our 7 years of marriage! Sweet!!! I know that Tate will love having someone here to play with all to himself for the time we're gone. And we've heard wonderful things about our babysitter and are super excited to have her watch Tate.

On another note...I seriously am not sure that I ever remember my allergies being worse than they are right now. Ever. I mean, I could dig my eyes out with a steak knife they itch so bad. And the constant sneezing and congestions is about more than I can take. I am going to the doctor tomorrow for a physical (ugh) and will definitely bring up my severe allergies. I have taken Allegra in the past and it didn't do anything for me. We'll see what he says.

About my physical...I haven't had one in longer than I care to admit. I hate going to the doctor, but have to as part of preparing to adopt again. I am nervous and dreading it...can't wait for it to be over.

Tate's fever came back after he'd been fever free all day. Not sure what that's all about. Anyway, he has to be fever free for at least 24 hours before going to school, so there will be no preschool for him tomorrow. He heard me say that and had a complete meltdown. I love that he loves preschool and feel bad that he can't go tomorrow. :( Poor thing.

I am off to bed...

No comments: