Wednesday, May 25, 2011

new shoes

Last night, I FINALLY invested (and at the price of these shoes, it's DEFINITELY an investment...YIKES) in some good running shoes. I went to Running Wild, a running store here in Davenport where they measure your feed and tell you what the best shoe is for you. It was necessary. I have recently been experience lots of pain in my knee and feet and under each of my big toenails, I am bruised. After my runs, my feet are throbbing so bad and there is so much pressure on them because my current running shoes felt too narrow and tight or something. I don't know, it just wasn't right.


This is the first time I have EVER bought running shoes...let alone tennis shoes that were purchased solely according to how they felt and having nothing to do with what they looked like. I'm not a fan of the color and style of my new shoes, but I could care less...they are COMFORTABLE!!!


HOWEVER, they do have fun shoelaces! I needed something to be fun about them or they just wouldn't have been "me"! :)


Oh, and I got running SOCKS too. Ya, they make those! Ha...never would have known that. Also, never in a million years dreamed I would be in a "running store". There were a few really skinny, athletic people in there...I totally didn't fit in. Someday I plan to though...someday!


T minus 10 days until my first 5k!

I'm totally not ready...this knee thing forced me to stop running for the last week(ish) and so I feel as though I'm going to be LUCKY if I can make it 2 miles. I will do my best and will still be proud of my efforts, I've decided that much!

No comments: