Tuesday, January 11, 2011

we started packing...

We started packing today. I packed up 1 of our bathrooms and threw away A TON of stuff. It felt great to get rid of a bunch of stuff. Then, I got excited about how good that felt and decided that I would go to the basement and get rid of a ton more. I ended up going through Tate's baby toys. I will say, it wasn't as fun to get rid of that stuff. In fact, it was hard and made me kind of sick. The memories of Tate playing with these toys are vivid! His little brothers or sisters will have toys of their own though...whenever that may be! I did keep a few and the rest are going to Once Upon a Child so we can make a bit of money off of them. It kinda broke my heart, but at the same time, still feels good to clear out our stuff a bit.

It feels like we spent all day doing stuff and when I look around, the house looks just like it did this morning. I hate packing, I hate moving...it's always so much more work than you think it will be.

This weekend we will be doing a lot of packing and preparing....it will be our last weekend in our current home! I can't believe it! It feels like we JUST moved in! We are going to make a trip to Cedar Rapids sometime this weekend or Monday to visit our newest niece, Abigail Lynn, born yesterday!!! I CANNOT WAIT to snuggle her...and of course to photograph her! :) I'll have to dust my camera off because it's been FOREVER since I've taken a picture.

So I am realizing that I just don't have a whole lot to blog about right now. I'll hopefully have more exciting things to post soon.

No comments: