Friday, January 14, 2011

Feelin' the love...

I have some funny stories about Tate that I want to document before I forget them...

The other day, Tate looked at me and said, "Mommy, I love Lora to the moon and back." I said, "AWE! That is sooo sweet, Tate! I bet she would love to know that. And guess what? I love YOU to the moon and back!" He responded with, "Mommy, you can't love me to the moon and back. Only I can love Lora to the moon and back." I said, "Don't you love me the moon and back too?" He said, "No. But I really really love you a lot!"

Uh, thanks a lot. Ha.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We went to Von Maur yesterday and when we walked in, Tate said, "OH MOMMY, I LOOOOVE Von Maur!" Me too, Tate! Ha. :) Then we were making our purchases and the woman helping us asked Tate if he wanted a balloon. He, of course, said that he did. She went and got him a balloon and he then said, "thank you for the balloon, I love you, but I have to go home now because I have to poop." Wow...embarrassing! I apologized to the woman and she informed me that she has a little boy too and wasn't offended at all. We may have to teach Tate to withhold saying 'I love you' to complete strangers!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And on a side note, Tate pretty much doesn't understand that kisses go anywhere besides the lips. Those of you who have been in a situation to get his hugs and kisses know that all too well! You can try to turn your face away for him to kiss you on the cheek, but he doesn't have any of that. It's lip kisses all the way for the Tater! We have tried to explain that when someone turns their head to just kiss them on the cheek, but that obviously goes in one ear and out the other. Another tidbit about Tater hugs and kisses...the hug comes first...always! He doesn't EVER kiss and hug. He gets all confused if that ever happens. It's a hug THEN a kiss. :)

1 comment:

Candi said...

Yup... that's our Tater!! He rather says it like it is, or rather like he wants you to think at the time!! Oh Tate!! : ) Love you buddy!!