Saturday, January 15, 2011

adjustment

Tate struggles with change.
When we moved to our current home, it took Tate about a month before calling it home.
He kept saying he wanted to go to his other home and he missed his home.
He didn't sleep well, he was angry at us.
It broke my heart.
I am worried about that happening again, but he's been to our new house a few times now and always says, "I LOVE this house!" and "THIS is my new room, and this is where my toys will go!" He acted genuinely excited.
Today, we started taking everything off of our walls, we have bins sitting all over the place, we are clearly in the moving process with all but the necessities packed up.
Tate watched as many of his baby toys went out the door to be taken to Goodwill or to be sold at Once Upon A Child. He was concerned and is now saying, "I don't want to move. I want to stay in this home, I love this home."
Uh oh. I was hoping because he's a bit older that the adjustment period would be a whole lot easier and a whole lot quicker for him. Now I'm doubting that. Ugh.
On a side note...
The front door and the side door of our new house are red.
I love them. :)
So I'm adding to my prayers an easy adjustment for Tate to the new house.
He only has 5 more nights in this house!

3 comments:

Candi said...

CUTE pic of Tate at the red door!!!! :) I will be praying for his adjustment!! It will be rough for a while MAYBE, but he'll be fine in time. :)

Beckysblog said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the red door!


I bet Tate will adjust faster this time around.

Praying for your transition!

Unknown said...

What a darling picture of Tate! Congrats on your new home. I wish your family the best as you adjust to your new environment. Take care! :)