Thursday, December 16, 2010

He cracks me up...


Tate is so funny sometimes. He has been saying some pretty funny things lately. Here are a couple.

We were at the gas station and he said, "can we get some ice cream here?"
I said, "they don't have ice cream here, Tate."
He responded (kind quietly like he was talking to himself), "Oh barnacles, they don't have ice cream here."

Another funny one is that when we were driving to Muscatine a couple of days ago, Tate asked me out of no where, "what are you doing Mommy?" I said, "I'm driving, what are you doing?" He said, "just holding my penis so I don't pee my pants."

He is just too funny. He has been a pretty good boy lately too. He had his AEA evaluation the other day and he was being extra good and social and not acting sensitive to hardly anything...very out of character for him. It was kind of frustrating because they didn't get to see what we see on a daily basis. However, still a few things were noted and we were referred to an Occupation Therapist to work with him and us in order to be equipped with the tools we will need to address his Sensory Processing issues and and hopefully help him to be successful to his transition to preschool in the fall. We are possibly going to be putting him into a daycare setting for just a couple of hours a couple of days a week sometime in the late winter or early spring so that he can get used to it. We'll see.

No comments: