Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Will you join me?

PLEASE DON'T SKIP OVER THIS POST. THIS IS AN EASY, INEXPENSIVE WAY TO HELP!

I haven't been to Africa and seen first hand the malnourished children. I haven't walked through the slums to witness it first hand. My sister, her friends and my father have. It was life changing for them. And my life has been changed by Africa as well. I don't have to go there to know there is a need...a need for clean water, for food, for prayers for the people.

My sister along with a few other amazing women went back in March and brought several supplies. One thing they brought were vitamins for the children.

These children...

After a weekly program, these children are each given 1 hard boiled egg. For most of them, that is their only protein they will get ALL WEEK!
Since my sister's group went to Sierra Leon, they also have given each child 1 vitamin along with their hard boiled egg. They are running out of vitamins and need more.
That is it.
Will you help?
1 bottle, 10 bottles, 50 bottles...whatever you can do.

Read about this from 2 people who can speak in more detail about it because they witnessed it first hand.
Jody
Cassie (my sister)
Pam
Kari

DEADLINE IS OCTOBER 14th!
If you are local to the Quad Cities, feel free to give the vitamins to me.
If you are local to Muscatine, email my sister at cassieburback at gmail dot com and ask for instructions on how to get the vitamins directly to her.
OR, if you would rather paypal Jody money, she will purchase the vitamins. To do that, email my sister at the address listed just above and she will instruct you on how to do that. If you are not local to our area we still want your help!!! When you are at the store, pick up a bottle or two and email me at japeakin at hotmail dot com and I will get an address to you where you can ship them.

‘Intentions are wonderful things. They are the starting points, the defining moments of our lives. But in and of themselves, intentions are wholly inadequate. As a Christ follower, it’s easy to mistake intention for action and stirrings for solutions. I sometimes give myself credit for being a pretty remarkable human being just because I feel angry about injustice, pain over suffering, or empathy in the face of hurt. But even the strength of my intentions is not an accurate indicator of whether or not I will take the time to act, to put faith to work, to be the difference that Christ has empowered me to be. Defining moments are only as good as the lifestyles they translate into.’ (Nancy Ortberg)

"Jesus is interested in what we are doing with our compassion and acts of mercy. He doesn't care about how religious we appear. If our Christian faith doesn't manifest into something that helps the life of another human being, it doesn't mean squat to him."
-Red Letters: Living a Faith That Bleeds

No comments: