Thursday, September 16, 2010

my feet must be delicious

At least to mosquitoes.
Seriously, I don't have less than 10 mosquito bites on my feet.

And just a warning, this post is going to be random.
Alternate post title could be "Random Thoughts by Jennie and 1:30am"
Moving on...

On the bug bit topic...
Tate has a MONSTER bite on his arm.
Like, so big and swollen and red that I'm getting concerned.
His whole arm is super swollen from the crease of his elbow to about 3 inches above his wrist...and he says it hurts. Not sure how concerned I am about that though because I specifically asked him if it hurts and whenever I ask him if something hurts, he ALWAYS says, "uh huh" in a whimpering voice because he thinks he'll get a bandaid or coddled. And he usually does. He's a smart little booger. :)

I have had the last 2 episodes of Desperate Housewives taped for MONTHS and just watched both of them tonight finally! Sean will be so proud of me and so happy to have them deleted off of our DVR.

I made French Dips and Cheesy Potatoes for dinner tonight. All I have to say is YUM! And Sean was super happy when he woke up to have that for dinner before heading out to work. I knew he would be...French Dips are his favorite meal I make.

I bought some vitamins today when I went to Wal-Mart.
See the post below to find out why.

I am super stoked that I did a google search for Davenport photographers and MY AD for Jennie Peakin Photography came up in the FIRST SPOT! WOOHOO!
SOOOO, if you ever call my phone and I don't answer...you'll notice the voice greeting has been changed to "You've reached Jennie Peakin Photography..." Also, I got my first call about 10ish days ago from someone local who found me on google. Only problem...he wanted a wedding photographer. Ugh. Oh well!

Tate was angelic today. So strange because he has been pushing my buttons intentionally and been extra whiny these last few days. I created a sticker chart for him that has 4 categories that he needs to work on. At the end of the day, whichever categories he did well in, he gets to put a sticker on the chart for that category. Since I started this over a week ago, this is the first day that he got a sticker on all 4 categories!!!
The categories are:
No Time-Outs All Day
No Whining (this one he probably shouldn't have gotten a sticker for today, but he only whined a little, so I let it slide) :)
Brushed Teeth (we always brush his teeth, but he hates it and whines and cries, so the point of this category is that he lets us do it without a battle)
Picked Up the Toys (this used to be a battle, but only a few days into this sticker chart and he now does it willingly!)

So, sticker charts work wonders in this house!!!

I had Sonic today for the first time in probably a week and a half. This is a long time for me to go without Sonic people! So I was HAPPY!

The other day, Tate said, "Mommy, your favorite color means go, Daddy's favorite color means stop and my favorite color doesn't mean anything." I was a little confused by this and had to think what on earth he was talking about! Then it hit me! He's right...my favorite color is green (for go), Sean's is red (for stop) and Tate's is orange (which I guess doesn't mean anything). Don't know why, but that just amazed me that he thought of that. Kids are so smart!!!

I only have 5 days left in my 20's. I'm not one of those people who's upset about it. I'm kind of excited to be a 30 something. Remember that show? I don't really...all I remember is that I thought that "30 something" was OLD and that the show was for old people...you know, people in their 30's. Ha.

I'm totally excited for Dancing With The Stars to start. I love reality TV...and though everyone else seemed to think Bachelor Pad was terrible, I totally loved it! I am not afraid to admit it...I'm a trash TV junkie. :)

I am still sick. Seriously, it's ridiculous. I have lost so much sleep from hacking up a lung every night. I have used up my inhaler and should probably call the doctor for a refill. It's so frustrating. No fever or anything, just a non stop annoying cough and wheezing. Maybe I do have asthma again...who knows.

So that's it from me. I should probably try and get some sleep!

No comments: