Monday, March 15, 2010

Orange

Tate loves orange...it's easily his favorite color. This totally cracks me up. In a casual conversation with him (that I NEVER thought he'd remember) about 6 weeks ago or so, I made mention of us possibly moving and asked him if he would want his bedroom to be different or if he'd like to keep his Handy Manny stuff. He, without hesitation said, "I want an ORANGE bedroom!" Ummmm...ok. I said, "well maybe we can make your bedroom orange at our new house, we'll see."

Fast forward to today at lunch. I asked Tate is he was excited about moving. He said, "YES, we are going to move to Dabenport and I am going to have an orange bedroom!!!" Okay, well apparently he didn't forget our little conversation! So I decided to look online for some bedding with orange as the primary color. NOT an easy task. Clearly, orange isn't a very desireable color to have for kids bedding...or even adult bedding for that matter! So I have a task and I've invited my mom to join in assembling a semi-tasteful orange bedroom for a 3 year old. This will be a hard task. Finding bedding that I like with orange in it will be hard in itself...then trying to create a room that will grow with Tate for at least a few years that isn't too babyish or toddlery and isn't gaudy will make the challenge even more difficult! I love a challenge and so does my mom! :) I'll post pics of Tate's new orange room once it is complete!

2 comments:

Sara Bark said...

Love it!! All cool people like the color orange. Maybe he'll follow in the Mike, Sarah, Sara, Travis footsteps and go to Wartburg!! There are lots of great orange paints. I saw the Disney paints with a Tigger paint and it was really cute. There have to be some great complimentary colors that would go with it!! Good luck!

Jennie Peakin said...

Ha. Sara, I knew you would comment on this! I can tell you right now that we're definitely NOT painting his room orange! I'm just trying to find bedding and maybe curtains that have a pattern that has a lot of orange in it. We'll see! :)