Thursday, March 25, 2010

are you kidding me?!?!

Okay, I am going to apologize in advance to any of you Ford owners/lovers out there. I have owned several cars and have never had the car problems I have had since we bought our Ford. I will NEVER buy a Ford again and will trade our Ford off for another non-Ford car ASAP. I won't even get into the previous problems we've had with this Ford which doesn't even have that many miles on it, but will only discuss our issue today. First of all, our Ford is the only car we have in town right now. We left Sean's uber-dependable Toyota (which is pushing 200,000 miles and has needed hardly anything more than new tires since we've owned it) in Davenport at our new place so when we move there on Saturday, I can drive our van and Sean will drive the UHaul. So we're driving to pick up Tate from daycare when I start to smell burning. I say to Sean, "do you smell that? It smells like something is burning." He says, "it's probably the car in front of us." I agreed and kept driving. Then we pass the car in front of us and the smell doesn't go away, it gets worse. Suddenly I notice smoke billowing out from under our hood. Needless to say, I freak out! We pull over, lift the hood and with both of our car knowledge combined, come to the conclusion that we have no idea what the problem is. :) It's clearly over-heating. The smoke subsides and we decide to drive a couple of blocks to the gas station to get some engine coolant. We put it in and drive to Tate's daycare to pick him up. It starts to smell and smoke again. We asked our daycare provider if she knows a mechanic that works late and she has a friend down the road. We call him, bring our van there where he tells us he thinks it's just a hose. We call a friend to pick us up and take us home and she offered to let us use her car tomorrow while she's at work. Seriously, she has saved us! Hopefully it's just a hose that needs replaced and it will be fixed and ready to go by mid day tomorrow. Aside from the complete wrong time for something like this to happen and what an inconvenience it is, financially it is not a good time either. Moving is expensive and the last thing we needed was to add a car repair into the mix. Ugh. I am so irritated! Mark my words, I will NEVER buy a Ford again and I plan to be car shopping SOON!

2 comments:

Mom said...

Ya great! Just what you need on top of a MOVE!!! UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sigh!

Anonymous said...

u no what....hoses go out of every car! not that i am a ford fan. But my lincoln was awesome. so think before u make a rash (ha) discission.