Monday, February 01, 2010

We will see...

Today was the 2nd day in a row that Tate wore his Buzz Lightyear shirt and socks. Then, when I got home from work, he took it off so "Daddy can wash it and I get to wear it again tomorrow!" Yup, it's all he wants to wear. It's funny though, he's going through this phase where I will pick out a shirt or jammies for him and when he doesn't want to wear it, he'll say the reason is "because I wore dat yesterday!" He'll say that even if he has never worn the shirt or jammies before. So the fact that he's wearing the same thing 2 days (and tomorrow it will be 3 days) in a row is a very big deal for him! :) I don't know when he's going to get sick of wearing it! We will see.

He woke up last night crying uncontrollably for the first time in a couple of weeks. He has been doing SO WELL without having nightmares or night terrors. This had been the longest stint of time he's gone without one for as long as I can remember. Unfortunately, the streak ended last night and he was inconsolable for a 1/2 hour before he finally ended up in bed with us. Sometimes that doesn't even work, but when it's the middle of the night and your baby (okay, he's not really a baby anymore!) is screaming in fear and won't stop, it's worth a try. When it works, it's the best feeling to snuggle up to him and know that you are giving him comfort. It worked last night. He eventually went to sleep snuggled in next to me and slept the rest of the night. Sean however did not. He ended up on the couch not being able to sleep after being startled awake and dealing with Tate's freak out for a half hour. I can vouch that it is disturbing to witness and very hard to get back to sleep after dealing with it. Hopefully this won't become a regular thing again and was just a fluke. We will see.

In other news, I have some serious stress breakout going on all over my chin. I need to do something about it. I don't know, maybe relieve some stress. Hopefully that will be happening soon. We will see.

No comments: