Sunday, January 31, 2010

My kind of day...

We have had a really good day. We all slept in until almost 9:00am which was a good start! :) Then, we ate breakfast and got dressed and started some chili in the crock pot and headed to Jordan Creek Mall to the play area so Tate could let off some steam. That he did! I did a little window shopping for a little bit when he first went into the play area while Sean stayed with him. Then, Sean went and did some window shopping at Scheel's while I stayed with him and then we both just sat and watched him. It was SO BUSY in the play area! Tate had a blast and I just giggled and giggled as I watched him interact with the other kids and play from afar. He is so cautious!!! It's hard to be though when the play area is so busy with about 50 crazy kids running around, so after a while, he was kind of forced out of his shell. It was hilarious watching him. He had some bossy moments though. He must have ran about 2 miles in there!

Then we decided to walk the mall, "ride" the escalator and elevator and go to Barnes and Noble to read some books. We read about 8 books and Tate was so focused on them. He thought we were in a library and would only talk in a whisper. Pretty cute. Then as we left, Tate said, "can we do this again sometime?!" Ummm...he may lead a sheltered life. He had such a good time!

When we got home and I made popcorn in the Whirly Pop and we all watched Aladdin. After the movie, I took a super hot bath! It was so nice! I haven't taken a bath in at least a year! Oh how I needed it. Now, we have the TV off (which is so nice in and of itself) and I am blogging while Sean is taking a little "rest" and Tate is playing with his bowling game. It smells of yummy chili and I am snuggled in my jammies already and plan to make some corn bread here shortly to go with our chili for supper.

Hopefully our evening is as good as our day was. Not looking forward to heading to work tomorrow!

No comments: