Thursday, December 17, 2009

Busy Week

I haven't made my 3rd batch of cookies yet. I will be making batches 3, 4, 5 and maybe 6 this weekend. This week hasn't gone as I planned. Not that it's gone badly...it hasn't. It's just been BUSY! So this weekend will be even MORE busy! I will be a baking machine! :) Also, I plan to finish all of my Christmas shopping, wrapping gifts and also fit in some laundry and cleaning.

I work 2 1/2 days the next 2 weeks and I WELCOME the break! The holidays are always fun, but I always am exhausted when I go back to work because though I have several days off, they are always spent doing something...no rest and relaxation. Not this year! I am making a point to relax a bit and not have every moment full.

I love family time and I am so looking forward to seeing all of my amazing nieces and nephews! I will get to see Bode for the first time in 5 months! Before this, I had hardly gone a week or 2 without seeing Bode in his whole life! It will be so nice to see Chris and Brenda too. We are used to spending nearly every weekend with them and miss that so much!

Tate and I had an evening alone tonight. Sean is up in Ames watching the Ames Highschool basketball game with a friend. He needed a night away so I'm happy he got to go up and do that. I had big plans for a special Mommy/Son night and Tate was so excited. We played and talked and sang and added some more ornaments to the Christmas tree and listened to Christmas music and then he wanted to eat popcorn and watch a movie so I popped some popcorn and turned on The Incredibles. It wasn't a 1/2 hour into the movie and I looked at Tate and he was sound asleep around 7:15! He must have been TIRED! So I carried him to bed and picked up his toys in the living room and am now able to relax alone until Sean gets home. It's pretty nice! :)

I will post pictures of the rest of my batches of cookies when they're done. Thank goodness it's Friday in a few hours!

1 comment:

Beckysblog said...

enjoy your time off!!!!