Saturday, August 29, 2009

What else would we do on a nice night like tonight?

Well go on a walk of course!
We had beautiful weather yet again tonight!
We put Tate in the wagon and headed out after dinner. We love walking around and looking at all of the houses in our neighborhood. Tate likes going over bumps in the wagon and humming so he can hear his voice vibrate while he's being pulled over the bumpy sidewalks.

And what's our nightly walk without a photo shoot of Tate in the wagon?
Look at my handsome boys!!!!
There are a couple of things I love about the picture below.
First, I love the fact that Tate is SO HAPPY and Sean is beaming.
Second, I love the fact that I, for probably the first time, can see down Tate's throat without tonsils and see the open airway! I know it's been 8 1/2 months since his surgery, but I will never forget my poor baby's swollen tonsils and the fact that he had such a tough time breathing and swallowing. This picture of Tate's wide open airway brings me such joy!
(if you click on it, you'll see what I'm talking about because the picture will be larger.)

We watched the Aplington-Parkersburg game on ESPN tonight. It was nice to be watching football again, but I did get emotional when they walked onto the field. Tate is so sweet...he's started this new thing when I cry when watching a sad movie or show, he runs to get a wipe and comes up and wipes my tears and says, "I wipe your face, don't cry Mommy." Oh so sweet...that almost makes me want to cry more when he does that!

We're looking forward to Kay and Ryan arriving tomorrow afternoon and spending the evening with them! As usual, I am sure this weekend will FLY by!

2 comments:

Candi said...

We watched part of the football game too and the whole intro about the coach was such an amazing tribute to who this man was... if ALL men could be that wonderful... sigh!! I was choked up for certain! Wow... it could be a movie. Glad you enjoyed outdoors again. Tater looks so happy! :)

sarak said...

Have fun!
You, emotional? Naw..not you!!