Sunday, August 30, 2009

Union Park

Saturday afternoon, Tate and I met up with my friend (and co-worker) Jenny and her son Evan. We went to Union Park in Des Moines and ate lunch and the boys played. In the 8 years I've lived in Des Moines (WOW...it's been 8 years already!), I've never been to Union Park. It's a great park with a really cool, old carousel, several fun play areas and TONS of green space. I can't believe I have never been there!

Tate looked longingly at the carousel while we waited for our turn to ride...

Evan and Jenny were having fun riding the elephant...

In the meantime Tate was crying...the whole time. We road THE BENCH! I don't know what he was so afraid of, but in an effort to make him think it was fun, I said, "isn't this awsome, Tate?!" and he responded with a shaking fist and screamed, "NO, THIS IS NOT AWSOME!"
Well, okay then.

So we went to the park and played.
Evan is so cute...
Tate's pretty cute too...


What a little sweetie!!!!

It was a lot of fun to just play and chat with Jenny for a couple of hours and the weather was PERFECT too!

No comments: