Monday, August 31, 2009

Oh how I love potty training!

JUST KIDDING!

Okay, really...I do not think we are going to get Tate potty trained by the time he's 3. Is it possible that he just plain isn't ready? He doesn't get it!

We bought him a potty toy...you know, as bribery. Because that's how we roll! :)
He wants the potty toy...he wants it bad. He will sit and sit on the potty and then he'll get up and then sit and sit on it again and then get up and over and over. Then one time he'll get up and be just playing and suddenly pee. It doesn't matter where, he'll just pee in his undies while doing whatever else he's doing. He doesn't even care...it doesn't bother him.
So we say, "uh oh, you went potty in your underwear. Let's go clean you up. Next time you need to put that pee in the potty." He says, "otay".

I really don't think he's ready. I know by this age he should be, but I don't think he is. It's so frustrating! I mean, he's going to be 4 by the time he's potty trained!

But he is cute!





"Lord, please let me figure out this potty training stuff."

Or maybe a big glass of water will help me go...

I don't know whether to keep trying or to let it be and try again in a few weeks or month.

6 comments:

Mom :) said...

FUNNY !!!!!! And oh so ding dang CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who cares if he's potty trained by 3.... I guarantee, he WILL be potty trained by the time he starts school... I HOPE! Ha! ;- )

Sara Bark said...

Tyler never got into the potty chair. Try the toilet with a potty seat on top. It worked like a charm for us! (or tell him he can't have his 3rd birthday party unless he's in undies like I did) -just kidding!!! =)

Chris/Stew; Brenda said...

Now that i read Sara's comment...Bode was the same. He only pottied ont the toilet, not the potty chair. Not too long before he started going standing up too.

Jennie Peakin said...

Ya, we do both the potty chair AND the toilet seat. He picks which one he wants to sit on and there is NO WAY he will be potty trained by his 3rd birthday!

Beckysblog said...

Set a timer, make him go every 20 minutes...

It sucks, but it seems to work eventually.

Anonymous said...

Hey Jenny! I sneak a peak at your blog to check in since we have boys about the same age. We were totally in the exact same situation. I thought FOR SURE Jalen would never get it or even CARE to get it by age 3. I have the book Potty Train Your Child in Just ONe Day by Teri Crane. Never thought it woudl work but gave it a shot over a weekend anyway. I'm happy to report we are wearing big boy underware after this weekend. Jalen still doesn't want to poop in the potty but hey, I'll take what I can get at this point! Let me know if you want any of the pointers from the book!