Tuesday, September 01, 2009

More Nightmares

Poor Tater had an awful night last night! He had terrible nightmares. He woke up several times screaming bloody murder and needing much calming down. One time he was saying, "the cheetah is eating me...the cheetah is eating me!" He was practically inconsolable. He usually says, "the tiger is eating me". He has this viewfinder that has a picture of a cheetah in it and Sean just started telling him that it was a cheetah. It's not a scary picture, so I don't know why it's giving him nightmares. It breaks my heart when he wakes up so scared and crying and shaking!

5 comments:

Gretchen said...

I know!!! That is the worst! Hayden has that with spiders. We threw out or hid anything and everything that had to do with spiders. Even stopped watching any show that mentioned spiders. He is finally getting over it. It is so startling to wake up to your childs petrified screaming. It always took me a good hour for my heart to stop racing!
It took Hayden a few months to get over it. I would stay steer clear of Tigers, Lions, Cheetahs, etc. See if that helps. I swear Hayden and Tate are twins!!!

Jennie Peakin said...

I know...they are so much alike! I only wish they were alike in the category of potty training! Ugh!

Gretchen said...

Ha. We still have our days.
This weekend is the perfect weekend to do it. Strip that boy down and see what happens! If you are going to be home.
Otherwise it isn't a big deal if he isn't potty trained by 3.
He is like Hayden...he will do it when he is ready. :)

Sara Bark said...

I think I've told you this but Tyler had nightmares constantly for a couple weeks. We never figured out what he was dreaming of but he still thinks that foxes are the worst and scariest things in the world. He doesn't like to go out in the dark because the foxes will get him!

Beckysblog said...

Seriously, we couldnt let lauren see any animals or talk about them near bedtime. She was so scared of animals for about 6 months. Always crying about lions and tigers.
We wouldnt let her see books with those animals in them...eventually she grew out of it though. But I bet she was about his age.