Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Hypocrite

I have a confession to make. I check SEVERAL people's blogs every day and it drives me nuts when they go days on end without posting. I check it every day and see the same post every day. I just hope that each time I pull up their blog, there will be a new post. And then I do the same exact thing. I go days and days without posting! It was so much easier to post every day when Tate was a baby because he seemed to do something new every day and he seemed to grow and change every day. Well, and the fact that I wasn't working probably contributed as well. Now that he's a bit older (and now that I'm working again), I am busy playing with him or just exhausted from a long day at work or my brain just can't function long enough to write anything interesting or think of anything interesting to ever write about. In addition to that, I am lucky to pick up the camera more than twice a week these days. Tate isn't as easy to take pictures of now that he's aware of what I'm doing and is a bit defiant. He thinks it's fun to do the opposite of what I want him to do, so when I pull out the camera...he runs away, covers his face or refuses to smile. I get lucky now and then, but it's not like it used to be!

So I'm a hypocrite.

Tate is SO MUCH FUN right now though! He has changed a lot in his 'social skills' in the last month or so. If we were out and about and a stranger would try and talk to him a month ago, there is no way he would respond or hardly even look at the stranger. Not anymore! The other day, we were out and this man was walking by us and just happened to look at Tate and Tate said, "My bandaid falled off!" And of course, the man had no idea what he was saying because his language isn't always the easiest to understand. I had to translate what he said and the man responded with, "oh!" He could have cared less. It was pretty funny.

Another instance like this was another time we were out and about and a woman made a comment about Tate being cute or something. Well Tate noticed that she was looking at him and said, "I drinking milk!" Her response? "oh!" I am not sure she had a clue what he said either. So funny.

Apparently, these strangers don't seem to think his random remarks are as cute and funny as I do!

There are all kinds of 'blogworthy' events coming in the next few weeks in our life so hopefully I won't be such a slacker on the blog as I have been.

3 comments:

Amy G said...

Ah- I'm there, too! It's easy to go several days without posting.

It's so much fun to hear of Tate and Harrison doing similar things. Harrison is so outgoing now and saying the funniest things. We'll be outside and Harrison will have to say hi to everyone who drives or walks by. He says it very loud and if they don't respond he will keep saying it until they do! It's so fun to see how they change. I can't believe they are going to be 3 soon.

Amy G said...

By the way...have you tried Google Reader? You can subscribe to blogs and then it shows when there is a new post. I have found it saves some time in not having to check blogs everyday...only when you know there's a new post. Just an FYI. :)

sarak said...

Dont be a slacker like me!