Sunday, January 18, 2009

discomfort

I have borrowed Brenda's Kitchen Aide blender since Tate's surgery to make smoothies and milk shakes for Tate (and us!) and have realized how my plain old non-fancy blender just may not cut it anymore! I want something better. Also, I have still been dreaming about a food processor that I want. There are so many things that I want. I have a lot. We have a lot. More than what we need. I sit here with an ache in my heart as I witness Tate in such discomfort. Then I watch something like this...




This is just not right. This is not okay with me. No child, no person should live like this. THIS is discomfort. I sit here and want, but I have no idea what it is to NEED. I don't. This is something that I have to work on, that I NEED to work on!

"We know love by this, that He laid down His life for us; and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren. But whoever has the world's goods, and beholds his brother in need and closes his heart against him, how does the love of God abide in him? Little chidren, let us not love with word or with tongue, but in deed and truth." (NIV)

1 comment:

Beckysblog said...

Thank you Jennie.