Monday, January 19, 2009

a slow recovery

I want this all to be over. I hate this helpless feeling of not knowing what to do. I know that Tate isn't as hydrated as he should be, but have gone back and forth as to if he needs to go the ER for fluids or if we just wait until his appointment tomorrow morning. He had a semi wet diaper changed at 6:30 last night, another one at 11:30 this morning and then another at 6:30 tonight. They weren't terribly wet at all and they were really concentrated in color and smell. Sorry if this is too much info! He's taken in between 12 and 16 oz these last 2 days which I know isn't much. He was not well yesterday, very lethargic and whiny for much of the evening and today he wasn't quite as lethargic, but definitely clingy and sleepy and not feeling good at all. His cough is terrible...he's never had a worse cough than what he has now and he cries every time he coughs. He won't eat hardly at all. He ate a banana and a half today and half of a pudding cup. When he does get up to play, he seems to be worn out within minutes and climbs up into my lap and falls asleep. He's got dark circles under his eyes that won't go away. I had no idea his recovery would be this difficult...I suppose his pneumonia hasn't helped at all. I ended up having to take Monday off of work as well and am hoping that Tate turns the corner and improves in the next 24 hours so that I don't have to take another day off. Sean has school on Tuesday all day, so him staying home is not an option on Tuesday. I am starting to wonder if Tate's going to be well enough to go back to daycare on Wednesday! Please pray for Tate to improve dramatically in the next day or so. I know he's ready to feel better!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep us posted after his appt. :( He needs to be drinking more and if he won't, IV may be the next step...praying for him. Poor baby.

Anonymous said...

Tate and family in my prayers.

Linda Rode