Sunday, January 18, 2009

Still a bit dehydrated

Tate is improving all though it's still been rough these last couple of days. He is getting a bit more hydration, but that is mostly due to the fact that we're forcing fluids into him with a syringe because he won't drink out of his sippy again since yesterday afternoon. Well, he did drink a little in the evening, but maybe only a couple ounces. Every time I think that he's on the mend, he takes a turn for the worse. It makes me so sad for him. He only had 1 wet diaper yesterday and it was only slightly wet. He woke up with a wet diaper this morning (thank goodness!), but still won't drink. Ugh. He needs to keep having wet diapers to avoid making a trip back to the hospital for IV fluids. We really don't want to have to go back to the hospital, so we will keep getting fluids into him with a syringe if we have to. I ended up calling work to take off Monday because Tate needs to go to the hospital again for another chest x-ray and tests to see how he's doing. If he's dehydrated then, they'll admit him for fluids I am sure. I am a little nervous about leaving him on Tuesday. If he hasn't improved much by then, I know he won't do well without his Mommy or Daddy. He's super clingy and doesn't want out of our arms and requires a lot of fluids with a syringe which he fights tooth and nail to swallow and I just hate to leave that responsibility to someone else. Sometimes I think that he just needs Mommy or Daddy. Hopefully he'll improve enough that it won't be a problem. He is scheduled to go back to daycare on Wednesday and unless he makes a huge turn around, I don't know that he'll be ready. This has been a much harder recovery than I expected!

No comments: