Sunday, June 01, 2008

Eventful Weekend


I love this little person so much it hurts!

We had a pretty nice weekend just being at home! On Saturday, while Sean was at work, I was trying to get some much needed laundry done and Tate was "playing" amidst the piles of dirty clothes. I turned my head for about 15 seconds and Tate managed to find a crate full of old, rusty tools hidden back in a corner in a little room off of the laundry room. I heard a thud and then screams...terrible, painful screaming. I ran into that little room to find Tate with a hammer in his hand and blood gushing from his mouth. I had no idea where the blood had come from and he wouldn't let me look, so I just let him get calmed down before I checked out the damage. The problem is, it would not stop bleeding! Finally, after about 5 minutes of gushing blood, it slowed down and I was able to see that Tate had sliced the left side of his lip from the outside edge all the way to his gums. I couldn't tell if he knocked a tooth out or anything because he wouldn't let me look. He ended up with a cut, fat lip and then today, when I was changing his diaper, he was laughing and I saw that he chipped a big chunk of his front, left tooth. :-(

After that whole fiasco, we headed to the grocery store (gotta love Aldi!) and then came home and he helped me unload groceries. This is his new favorite thing to do. He is so proud when he hands me something and I say, "thank you, Tate!", it's pretty sweet. We then headed over to Chris and Brenda's for an evening of grilling, and out door fun. :) The kids played, Tate loved the sand box and ate some sand as an appetizer, we had SUPER YUMMY homemade salsa, burgers, hot dogs and chips and pumpkin bars for dessert (compliments of me...aka, Hy-Vee). The boys then got baths and headed to bed and we stayed up and played cribbage. The girls whooped up on the boys as usual and we called it a night around 1 a.m.! I am tired today(notice the super hot picture of me above...I am pretty brave for even posting that!), but have managed to get some more laundry done and some pictures taken! Here's to another week flying by!

I love his faint dimples!

He has just started playing with his Diaper Champ...icky!

Bode and Tate being silly in the bath...

This is just funny to me...I totally cut his head off, but it's still funny! That fat part on the top lip, left side is where he cut his lip.

This is Tate acting "surprised"...

2 comments:

Gretchen said...

Those mouth cuts bleed like crazy huh?!? We can't leave those little stinkers alone for a minute can we? We took Hayden to the dentist when he fell in the tub and chipped his front tooth a little. They smoothed it out for him.
How is Tate feeling? Do you think he is over the ear infection thing? He and Hayden seem to be doing the same in that department. I am taking Hayden back in to the Dr. this week. I am thinking he has an ear infection still!!!
Tate just looks like such a big boy in the pics. He is tooooo cute!!!

Anonymous said...

Why am I not surprised of his cutting himself, hmmm?! Ha! I hope he didn't get any rust into his cut.... he gets a tetatnus shot I assume at the doctor?! Just want to make sure? He loves all kinds of icky things these days.... garbage, old tools, yucky diaper stuff.... it will be a miracle if he doesn't contract some sort of bug.... just some subtle advice from the germophobic!! :-)