Thursday, May 29, 2008

Jennie Peakin aka CSI

That's my new title.

I got my cell phone bill last night to find that there were over $100 in charges on it from my Easy Edge feature (downloading ring tones, games, etc.) and I was livid! Those charges were all on the evening that my phone was stolen. I called US Cellular only to find out that they could only refund me half of that money! I had reported my phone stolen and told them what time it had been stolen and those charges were clearly during that time. Anyway, I decided that I was going to do whatever I could to figure out who stole my phone. I had the phone numbers that were called by the klepto who stole it and I was going to call those numbers if I had to. I looked them up online and found out the people the numbers belong to. I decided to check at work to see if the names of the people's numbers that were called were employees of Wells Fargo. Low and behold, one of the names of the numbers called is an employee...one that sits about 20 feet from me! SO, I talked to my supervisor, told her the situation and told her the name of the other number that was called from my phone! She couldn't believe her ears! Turns out, she knows the kleptomaniac and has worked with her for quite some time, including at a previous job! And so she recognized the name of the other phone number called as the klepto's daughter!!! So the case is solved! I know my phone was taken from the bathroom at work and I can't imagine that it could be anyone else who stole it. I am bringing my cell phone bill to work tomorrow so that my supervisor can have some sort of proof and apparently she says that something will be done about this. I really don't know what will be done, if anything very extensive, but I do hope she gets in some sort of trouble, and if you ask me, I think she should be fired! Anyway, at least I would like either my phone back (all of my phone numbers are in it!) or payed back for my deductible to get a new phone and the $50 that US Cellular is still making me pay! I am sure neither of those things will happen, but I can hope!

Anyway, I should seriously become a detective after that display of detective skill! ;)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't forgot about your CSI partner...

Beckysblog said...

yeah!!! good work!

Anonymous said...

I think I'd use the bill as a leverage by saying you pay this in full and I won't turn you into authorities... I would hope she would be SO embarrassed and have learned something from this that losing her job won't be necessary but that will be up to your supervisor to decide.

Jennie Peakin said...

sorry Sean!

Sean helped me find the numbers too, he deserves the CSI title as well! :)

sarak said...

Wow! Go Jennie! Sorry I didnt call you last night. I was at the doctor for 1 1/2 hrs., getting meds, picking up the girls, groceries, etc. etc. I'll check in this weekend:)

Sara

Sara said...

Wow! I just can't believe the nerve of some people and what they will do. That's great that you figured it all out. I hope she is very embarrassed and apologizes!