Friday, May 02, 2008

tired...venting...

I am tired. Tate is still not "right". He has cut 3 incisors in the last 24 hours which is enough to make a grown man cry I am sure! He has been just not himself. He's been whiny and nothing makes him happy...it's clear he is in pain. We think his eardrum ruptured this week as well. He had LOTS of dried puss inside his ear the other night and I have been told that's a pretty good sign that is what happened. Tate's already on antibiotics so there's nothing we can do for it. He has a follow up appointment in a week and I am not confident his ear infection will be gone. Hopefully it will be and his not being himself is due to the teething. We'll see.

Despite Tate's infected little body, he remains hilarious as usual! He is seriously so funny! A week or so ago, we bought him his first set of golf clubs...you know, the $4 plastic ones from Wal-Mart. Anyway, he's obsessed with them! He would much rather play them like they are horns or beat them on the ground than actually hit the balls with them, but occasionally, he'll use them properly (well as properly as a 19 month old can!), and when he does, it is too funny! He's so serious about it! I'll have to get pictures sometime. I have been a slacker in that area this week! I just can't seem to get anything done during the week. After trying to calm angry customers all day, all I want to do is lay around with my boys when I get home...and that's what I do! Then, on the weekends, Sean works all day both Saturday and Sunday, so it's hard to get anything done because Tate is into everything! Plus, I really just want to hang out with Tate and that's all! I need to find a balance, I haven't yet. So for now, my family is first and if there's time for house work...great! If there's not...oh well! At least that's my attitude this weekend! :)

I miss my husband on the weekends and I miss Tate during the week and I miss "family time" all the time!!! Tate has done FANTASTIC in daycare and he LOVES it, but I miss being a stay-at-home mom! Sean is doing FANTASTIC in school and LOVES it, but I miss having a husband who isn't a student! I am selfish. I know.

No comments: