Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Timid

Lately Tate has developed some SEVERE attachment issues. It seems like he just woke up one day and decided that he did not want me to be farther than 10 feet from him if we are in the company of others. If I get too far away, he throws a huge fit. He also decided that day that aside from Sean and I, no one else could hold him or he would flip out. I seriously don't know how this happened because at home, he is fine. He plays well by himself, he doesn't need Sean or I by his side at all times and he hardly ever cries. These things only occur when others are around. It's so strange. Anyway, when we were at my parents house, he practically had a death grip on me at all times because he didn't want to have anyone else get too near him. He was fine when I was at the hospital with Cassie and Mom had to get him up from his nap and feed him and play with him. He was fine because I was not there, but as soon as I walked in the door and he saw me, he would speed crawl over to me and start to cry and whine. I don't know what to do about this situation. It's quite frustrating.

Anyway, my dad was wrestling on the floor with Brigg and Lani and Tate was quite interested in what was going on. He is a timid little thing, so all of that craziness was a bit much for him, but still intriguing. Here are some progressive photos as to what happened...

Notice Tate still has one hand on my knee, but appears to want to be a part of the action.

Now he's gotten the courage to step away from me and get a closer look.


He's decided he wants in on the action, but still is a little scared to dive right in. He sits at my dad's feet and gets a feel for the situation.


He's ready, he decides to jump right in, but only for a few seconds. About 5 seconds after this photo, Tate crawls away satisfied with his 5 seconds of involvement in the action!

2 comments:

sarak said...

Remember when Livy started doing that? Delaney did it too. They were both shy (more Delaney than Livy)even when they saw relatives often (by that I mean my mom and dad, Cindy...).

What a cutie though!

Anonymous said...

I'm just happy he participated as much as he did!! He did not want to miss out altogether!! ;-)