Monday, November 19, 2007

Thankful

Sorry...another post with no pictures! I have been terrible at taking pictures this last week or so...I am not sure why, but I know I will get plenty in the next few days as we will be heading to Muscatine tomorrow to celebrate Thanksgiving. We are anxious to have a few days to relax and be with family. It will be a fairly quick trip because Sean has to work at 7:00 a.m. on Friday so we will head home on Thursday night when Tate is ready for bed so that he will sleep in the car on the way home. I barely remember Thanksgiving last year because I was so sleep deprived! Tate was still not sleeping well (he was only about 6 weeks old!) and so neither were we! I remember Tate had his first experience 'swimming' at Thanksgiving last year. Well, not really, but we stayed in a hotel and had a suite with a big jacuzzi tub in it and we filled it up and got pictures of him 'swimming' in it. We had no idea that fish he would actually become! He LOVES the water! I can't believe that was a year ago! Time really does fly.

I look forward to seeing Ayla again! I can't wait to snuggle her. I am sure she has changed a ton in this last week and a half!

We have so many things to be thankful for this year. It's been an amazing year filled with countless blessings. I still look at Tate in awe that he is our son! We are so blessed and SO thankful for him! He has brought us unimaginable joy and we thank God for him every day! We have been blessed with several new members to our family as well with the birth of Ayla and also through our new relationships that have come from our open adoption. We are thankful that Sean has made it through 2 more semesters of school with much success and that despite the tiring work and long hours, he still has a passion for his studies and looks forward to his future career! I am thankful that I have had the amazing opportunity to stay at home with Tate and witness nearly every moment of his life so far! To list all of the things I am thankful for would be impossible, but every blessing is from God and most of all, I am thankful for Him...to know Him, to lean on Him and to have Him in my life!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes we are all very blessed in this family, me with 5 grandchildren and 6 including Macy, am feeling extremely blessed!! It is only when we recognize our blessings that God continues to shower us with more.... not only during the good times, but in all times!! AMEN!! :-) Thankful for the gathering to come :- )!!! See you SOON!