Thursday, November 15, 2007

Not a baby anymore!

I have been meaning to post the big news that Tate is not a baby anymore! He is no longer using bottles OR pacifiers! He has been off of the bottle for a little while now and we had been weaning him from the pacifier for several weeks. He was only getting the pacifier at bedtime for these last 3 or 4 weeks and a few days ago, we got rid of it completely. He doesn't seem to even notice! It does make me kind of sad though. Yesterday, I stored away all of his bottles, pacifiers and the bottle drying rack and I all of a sudden was overwhelmed with emotion. I started bawling like a blubbering idiot, telling Sean how sad I was to be storing away the 'baby stage'. Am I crazy? Seriously, I get so sad thinking that Tate is no longer my little baby (even though he still acts like it sometimes!) and is turning into a toddler! Not to say that I don't LOVE this new stage that he's getting into...I do! He is so much fun and is so funny. I just hope that I cherished those 'baby months' to the fullest, they FLEW by! Looking forward to seeing what's to come!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Knowing Tate, there is so much more excitement to come! He is such a character!! Love his millions of expressions and all his new abilities. He mimmics words so well and he is just the cutest little thing... oh how fun it will be to experience the road ahead, you'll always love the new stages!! True, they are babies SUCH a short time!! That is the way it is... :- (

Anonymous said...

Jennie, My day wasnt off to a good start but some of your blogs just crack me up. I can just picture this happening! Tate is such a cutie. The pics of him checking out the wrestling situation are the best.
Kelly

Sara said...

That's great! We still have a bottle at bedtime and a pacifier. We are starting to work on weaning. I've been meaning to tell you that Huggies natural fit work great and we haven't had as many bad diapers.

Jennie Peakin said...

Yeah Sara! So happy to hear that the Huggies diapers work well! We really like them too! You know, getting Tate off of the pacifier really wasn't as bad as I thought. When we took it away during the day and just gave it to him at night, we had a couple of days when he was whiny, but then that went away and it wasn't a problem at all taking it away at night. He cried for about 5 minutes for 2 nights and then he was fine.

Anonymous said...

Jennie,
I hope that we get a chance to see you next Wednesday! I would love to get to see Tate crawling! James called me in to the computer last night and he didn't tell me it was Tate. The video is kind of dark so I thought it was like a funny video he found on the internet. Seriously, you could send that in to America's Funniest Videos. It is hilarious!! Hope to see you all soon! We miss you lots!! Give Tater Tot a big kiss from Ava and I.

Love,
Lora