Thursday, September 20, 2007

Lots of celebrating...

Tomorrow begins a stretch of lots of activities and lots of celebrating in our household. Tomorrow I turn 27. I can't even believe that I am 27, it seems like yesterday that I turned 16! Anyway, I feel old. We don't have much planned, but we will be celebrating it by going out to a nice dinner just Sean and I on Saturday. Then, Tuesday is Sean and my anniversary, Wednesday is Sean's dad's birthday, Friday we leave to go on our annual apple picking trip to Wisconsin and will be celebrating Lani and Macy's birthdays there and then the next weekend is Tate's 1st birthday! I love this time of year!

I am actually a bit emotional lately. This weather and these events just make me think of what I was doing this time last year. At this time last year, we were waiting to see if we would be getting a baby that we were being considered for. Then in a few days after that, we were being considered for twins and were devastated when we found out that we had not been selected to be their parents. Just 10 days later, we got the call about Tate and in that moment knew that we didn't want anything more than to be his parents. We knew that those other babies were not "our" babies and Tate was. Just 8 days after he was born, we took him to Wisconsin on the annual apple picking trip. It is so emotional to think and remember all of those feelings we were experiencing during this time last year. What a whirlwind of a year it has been!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you! I hope you have a fabulous day! Enjoy your time together with Sean. Miss you guys.

Love ya,
Lora, James, and Ava

sarak said...

Happy Birthday Jennie! Cant wait to hang out. I'll call ya tonight:)

sara