Saturday, September 23, 2006

Twins Update...

It has been a few days since I have posted anything and so I just wanted to update everyone on the situation...

We are sitting on pins and needles at our household awaiting the news of whether we are a mommy and daddy or not! This is the hardest thing that I have ever had to do! It looks like we will not be hearing anything until Monday or maybe Tuesday, so we can do nothing, but wait. This is definitely a test for me, as I tend to be soooooo impatient! I am doing the best I can, but have slept only a few hours each night since we got word that we may get the twins! I have been in constant prayer and I know many of you out there have been praying for us as well. I am not doing very well at guarding my heart...I am just too excited! I know if we find out that the twins will be placed with another couple, we will be disappointed, but will get through it. We understand the challenges that could come with raising twins, but we are willing to take on those challenges and have grown more and more excited these last few days. I don't think I have EVER been so consumed with something in my whole life. I can't seem to think of anything else! Hopefully I can get some sleep these next couple of nights and then we can find out one way or another if we will be raising these two precious lives! Whether we will or not, at least we will be able to move on and accept whatever happens. I must admit, we want to raise these twins sooooo badly!!!!!!!!!!

If we do get them, something tells me that I won't have time to post a very extensive blog regarding the situation. I'll have Cassie post about it if it happens, but this is what we know so far, if we end up getting them:

We have looked into some flights and stuff and have decided that we will drive to Virginia instead of fly. We will want a car while we're there and it would be much easier to pack our car full with what we need instead of having to stuff everything in suitcases to be checked. SO, as soon as we get the good news (IF we get good news!), we will be getting everything in order here. We will have to go purchase some items and then we plan on heading out right away. Sean will stay for the first 4 days or so and then will fly out of Virginia to come back to Des Moines so he can attend class and work for about 4 or 5 days. During those days, Cassie (and maybe Mom) will come out and help me. Then Sean will fly back to Virginia for the last few days and we'll drive home with some precious cargo!!!! :) Just thought I'd let you all know now what we're thinking so that I don't have to post a super long explanation amidst everything else if this all pans out. I will definitely post the news as soon as we hear it whether it is good OR bad.

We're hopefull, but are trying to remain guarded a bit. Sean is doing a great job at guarding his heart...me on the other hand, I am not doing such a great job at that. I may be borderline devastated if this doesn't work out! This waiting is pure agony! We appreciate your continued prayers! Hopefully good news to come!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am feeling your pain....oh hon, I am praying, believe me, I am praying!!