Thursday, September 21, 2006

TWINS!!!!

Well, I wasn't going to post this on my blog, because I didn't want to jinx it, but pretty much everyone already knows about it, so here goes.

We found out yesterday that the birthmother in Cedar Rapids had changed her mind and decided not to place her baby for adoption. A short few minutes following that, we got word of a birthmother in Virginia who delivered twins on September 12 that has already signed away her rights and is just looking for a family for her babies. To make a long story short, she is interested in us and our profile was put in the mail to be overnighted to her yesterday and she will make a decision between us and another couple by early next week! Pretty exciting!!!! We are trying to guard our hearts a bit, as we don't want to be completely devastated if this doesn't pan out. Although, I must admit, the idea of twins is pretty exciting AND scary at the same time! :) We're hopeful, but could really use your prayers...not only for us, but for these babies and their birthmother.

If we find out that we were chosen, we will fly out that day or the day after to go to Virginia and get them. They are in a great foster home right now and are healthy and doing great! When we get to Virginia, we would get to take them right away and stay in a hotel. I would have to stay in Virginia for up to 2 weeks before I could bring them home due to an Interstate Placement Law. No biggie, but I know I would be anxious to get them home! Due to Sean's school and work situation, unfortunately he wouldn't be able to stay that entire 2 weeks. He would come for a few days in the beginning and either Cassie or Mom would come for a few days in the middle and then Sean would probably come back for a few days in the end to help me bring them home.

I don't know that this has all really sunk in for me or not yet. If it does happen, what a great birthday gift it will be for me since TODAY is my birthday!!!!!! This is far beyond what Sean and I ever dreamed would happen, but we know that if it's meant to be then it will be. If these are our babies, then it will work out. We know it's not a definite and we're trying to remain realistic.

For those of you who are interested in the information about the babies:
It's a boy and a girl, they are both currently 5lbs. and doing very well, eating well and healthy. They babies are African American and ADORABLE I have heard!!! :)

I will definitely keep you posted with any new information on the situation, but in the meantime, please pray for us, the birthmother and the babies! We would really appreciate it! Thank you! Hopefully I'll have some exciting news to come!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is SO SOOO hard NOT to get excited!! My prayers are that all goes well IF these are in fact your babies. If not, I pray for your baby to arrive soon!~ :-) We are ALL excited beyond words and know the twins would be very blessed to get you as their parents!! God is in control, I trust what is to come to be what HE chooses!! Praise be!!! :-) Love ya!!!!!!!

Cassie said...

i still can't sleep. i don't think i can possibly wait another 3 days! AAAHHHHHHH!!!!

Jennie Peakin said...

I can't sleep either!!! I don't know if I can wait either, but I guess we have to!!!!!!!!!!!

Cassie said...

i'm calling them tomorrow....you wouldn't mind, would you?

Jennie Peakin said...

Ha...yes, I would mind!