Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Our Social Worker

Carol, our social worker is FABULOUS! I cannot think of the words to describe her, but just that. She is such a genuinly kind, caring, christian woman. I went into Bethany Christian Services today just to talk with her and I guess I needed some reassurance. She did just that. I expressed to her my problem with patience and how we are anxiously awaiting her call. She assured me that the waits for adoptive families haven't been long and that our profile looks great, so she doesn't forsee us having too long of a wait for our baby. She said that it wouldn't be out of the ordinary for us to get a call within the next few weeks or even few days, so we have every right to be on the edge of our seats ever time the phone rings. She is so comforting and is always there to listen. She said that prayer is what is going to get us through this waiting period. She said that she will be praying for us and for patience in me. She reminded me that God knows which baby is ours and we need rejoice in that and know that our baby may come in 2 days or in 2 months, but he/she will come when the time is right. Carol is wonderful and I am so glad that she is our social worker. I look forward to some day hearing her voice on the other end of the phone line saying, "are you sitting down?"...that's what she told me she always says when she is calling adoptive parents with good news.

By the way...Sean told me last night that he's had a feeling for a long time that we'll be getting a little girl! :) He's so cute! We'll see if he's right. Whether he is or not, we will be overjoyed with a boy or a girl!

2 comments:

Cassie said...

when i read the part "are you sitting down?", tears instantly welled up. we are ALL a bit impatient as well!! maybe it runs in the family?? nah....

Anonymous said...

Oh Jennie.... it is going to be soon, no matter when that little baby arrives!! It is a wait like no other... I will continue to pray for your patience but as I've said and you as well, God has the baby just for you and Sean and will bring it into your lives when the time is perfect!! Trust trust trust!! It WILL be a very special moment. :-) How's the rug coming? Done?! Ha!