Monday, July 17, 2006

Content!

"Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer."
—Romans 12:12

I am making a conscious effort to do this. I have prayed more in these last 3 months than I have in the last 3 years! In doing this, the blessings in my life have been more apparent now than ever. What a blessing this process has been for me, my relationship with Sean, and my relationship with the Lord. Every day, I am still learning new things and I know He is not done teaching me yet. I am constantly reminding myself that I am not in control and the events of my life will happen in God's time, not mine. I had many plans for my life, and I can say that the majority of those plans didn't pan out, but looking back at the plans that I once had, I am so grateful that they didn't pan out! If everything in my life happened according to MY timeline, my life would probably be a mess! How blessed I am to have realized that I AM NOT in control! I am more than happy to hand the reigns over to the one who knows what the plan is for me, becuase I sure don't have a clue! And I am content!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for spending such quality time with me today! You are the best friend any girl could ask for. I'm so glad you are in my life and thank God everyday for putting you there. We will continue to help each other grow in our walk with the Lord. Thank you for being the best!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh how sweet... I see you connecting with Melissa as I do with my bible study babes!! I am SO happy for you both. There is no better gift than a good friend to share your ups & downs with!! As I watch from the sidelines I see your walk with God becoming an important integral part of your life. What a blessing for you BOTH!! One cannot rise above the difficulties of this earth without a personal relationship with Jesus, it is the most wonderful "Truth"!! Amen :-) Love to you both!!