Monday, June 05, 2006

Prized Possesion

  Posted by Picasa

For those of you who know Sean, even just a little, you could probably guess what his prized possession is...you guessed it, his golf clubs! He loves his golf clubs as if they love him back. He spends as much time with them as possible. He is proud of them and he misses them when he doesn't see them for long periods of time. He cherishes every moment spent with his precious clubs.

Well, the unthinkable happened sometime between Monday night and Saturday night...

Sean's clubs were stolen. Yes, I know...it is a tragedy and Sean is hanging in there, but it's been a rough day at the Peakins. Not only were Sean's clubs stolen, but mine were too. I didn't have the emotional attatchment to mine that Sean had to his, nor was Sean too upset about the lack of my clubs in our lives, but he feels a bit of emptiness inside him without his clubs. He has gone through several emotions...denial, anger, sadness and finally acceptance. No need for anyone to worry, we'll be fine and Sean is dealing with it as well as can be expected. He spoke with the police and is going to talk to our insurance agent about replacing them. It's a blessing we have renter's insurance! Although, he will have new, shiney clubs...he is deeply hurt that he will never again see his clubs that he has grown to love. I am remaining strong for him, so he can get through this tough time.

In case anyone was wondering...they were stolen out of our storage space located outside our apartment door. Nothing else was stolen...just the 2 golf bags. Sean did have some golf shoes and ProV1's (his "expensive" golf balls), his favorite FSU Divot replacer thingy in the bag too. Oh and his FSU head covers. It was a bummer and Sean really was pretty upset, but he'll be happy when he's swinging some new clubs. I had just gotten my clubs last summer and had only played with them a handful of times. I did like them, but they were not anything special...I think I will miss my hot pink golf tees that were in the golf bag more than the clubs! :) At least I can replace those for just a few dollars! And my clubs were pretty inexpensive and will be easily replaced as well. Anyway, that was our big news of the day. Hope you all had a great weekend!

2 comments:

Cassie said...

we will keep him in our prayers...poor thing! :)

Anonymous said...

I know he was devastated and I truly did not mean to minimize his pain, but after the weekend of worry and concern for little Erika, it seemed insignificant in the whole scheme of things as I know he well realizes too. I am sorry, Sean, for your loss!! Are you still mad at me?!??