Monday, June 05, 2006

Our week...

Well, today was a busy day, but good. I woke up very early to go get some final tests done to finish up all of the steps to my physical that is required for the adoption. The final steps were a TB tst and a Tetnis shot. My arm is sore from the Tetnis shot, but I think I will live. :) After that I came back home and went back to sleep for a couple of hours, I just wasn't rested enough! I then got up and went to Melissa's to color/cut her sister's hair and then just sit and chat with Melissa, Lois and Heather. It was a good afternoon. Following that, Sara and I went to What's For Dinner to do our meal preparations for the next month (and they look YUMMY!) and then Sean and I and the Knutson's went out to dinner at Rock Bottom and had a great meal. Then Sean and I stopped at Golf Galaxy to price some golf clubs that Sean may be purchasing (by the way, he's doing much better!) and then came home.

Tomorrow I get to watch Bode which I am soooo looking forward to! It's been several days since I have seen him and I miss him soooo much! Kay will be arriving around noon and will be staying the night. I am so excited to get some time with Kay. It has been way too long and I have missed her so much! It will be fun to just sit around and catch up in person. Then she will be going back to KC on Wednesday. I work on Thursday, Friday and Saturday and then I think Sean and I will be getting together with Sean's parents for dinner possibly. Again, another set of people that it has been a while since we've seen. It is unbelievable how time just flies by! There are just not enough hours in the day or days in the week. I have been waiting for months for my (Stewart side) whole family to get together because we need a casual family picture of just Mom, Dad, Chris, Cassie and I for our Adoption Profile Book. It seems that we are never together all at once. I don't know that I remember the last time we were all together. It looks like the next time will be the weekend of my baby shower on the 24th, so FINALLY I'll be able to get that picture I need in order to complete our book! We are so looking forward to that weekend and having everyone all together. We hope to officially be "on the list" at Bethany and awaiting the arrival of our baby by then. It is so much paperwork, it seems to be never ending, but it has been exciting each step of the way, and we know that the most exciting part is yet to come! We just cannot even imagine how we will feel the day we get "the call" that there is a baby for us. We are patiently looking forward to that moment!

Sadly, I left my camera in Muscatine accidentally several days ago, so my posts have been lacking recent photographs. I will be getting my camera back tomorrow and promise to have several new photos posted soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man you HAVE been busy!! I am glad Sean is doing better.... still love me Sean?!! :-) I hope you find good pics on your camera that I took at my trip to Logan...didn't get many though. It is getting closer and closer to the final paper work completion!! Woohoo!!!!!

Anonymous said...

WOW....Jennie, this is so great! You are such an amazing person, and I am so proud to be able to consider you such a close friend. You are such a blessing in my life, and inspire me to be a better person. Your baby is going to be so lucky to have you and Sean as its parents. I am going to be addicted to your blog spot now! I can't wait for the next entry!