Wednesday, August 06, 2014

1 month eating Paleo update...

I am still going strong peeps!  :)  Sean is too!  Weirdly, I am proud of the fact that I ate a tiny piece of cake a couple of days ago at my brother's birthday celebration and it didn't ruin me.  Imagine that!  I actually am not craving cake or sweets anymore than I was prior to eating that few bites of cake.

I am still not working out though. :/  I called Anytime Fitness today though to see about a trial membership to see if I will like it.  So that counts as a step in the right direction, right?!  I am excited to start running and hoping I can do some other forms of exercise as well and will have another option for working out besides running outside once it gets super cold out.

And I still am not stepping on the scale.  I love not being so concerned about the scale.  I can tell in my clothes that the weight is coming off and that makes me happy and keeps me going.  And I like Paleo eating.  It's expensive...I don't like THAT part.  We are able to eat a pretty big variety of things and I am a huge fan of meat, veggies and fruits so it's a good diet for me.  Oh, and eggs...I eat eggs pretty regularly.  I miss desserts.  I miss dairy...I miss cheese and milk.  And chocolate...I miss chocolate.  Not so much that I am going crazy though.  And I plan to hopefully get to a point where every once in a great while, I can eat a little of those things as a treat.

Mostly, I FEEL good eating clean.  I feel like I am putting things in my body that are good for it.  I haven't had a headache in WEEKS!  That is so worth everything!  And I am losing weight...being healthy is the goal and with that will come weight loss...at least that's the plan!

It's been just over a month since we started eating Paleo...Sean has lost over 15lbs (all the while, never giving up beer:)) and I have no idea how much I've lost, which I am FINE with!  We both feel great and are enjoying this diet.  Most often, it is actually pretty easy to do!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What do you eat for meals?? Suggestions ... What's a typical week for you eating?

Jennie Peakin said...

At the beginning of the week, I usually prepare a few chicken breasts and a couple of large inexpensive steaks. I cut half of the steak into strips for salads and half of the chicken into strips for salads as well. Then I have prepared food in the fridge for lunch. I usually eat salad with steak or chicken 2-3 times a week. Other times I eat leftovers from dinner the night before for lunch and another option that I sometimes do is saute some veggies in coconut oil with some sea salt and pepper and garlic. I also will eat the steaks and chicken breasts I didn't cut up along with some raw veggies and fruit. Breakfast is usually fruit...a banana, an apple, or if I am really hungry or doing it as a brunch and want to fill up more to hold off until supper, I will eat eggs and sometimes bacon. I snack on pistachios, almonds, cashews or fruit usually. Dinner varies, but most often it is some form of meat either grilled or fried (battered in a mixture of almond and coconut flours and fried in coconut oil) or sometimes bakes. We do roasted veggies A LOT...throw any veggies on a cookie sheet, drizzle with a little olive oil, sea salt and pepper and roast at 425 for 10 minutes, stir or flip the veggies over and put them back in for 7-10 minutes more. We do this with sweet potatoes all the time! I have a few paleo soups that I have found on pinterest that I like as well. Hope this helps a bit! I may do a more detailed blog post on this at some point as I've had several people ask. :)