Friday, April 27, 2012

"Down there"...

Tate got kneed "down there" today.  First time ever he's experienced that.  It was bad...he couldn't stand up...fetal position, dry heaving, seriously...not good.  Ugh.  Then, he yells through sobbing, "YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND, YOU DON'T HAVE A PENIS!!!!  I WANT DADDY!"  I felt helpless.  I called Sean at work.  Not really an emergency, but thought I'd try in case he wasn't busy.  He wasn't.  He talked to Tate on the phone and calmed him down and then Tate was so unable to focus on holding the phone and dealing with this apparently horrific pain, he said, "just tell mommy what to do."  It was so sad and sweet and just kind of a new moment for me...for us.  This is the first time I felt like I could do nothing...only Sean could fix this.  In a weird way, looking at him on the floor crying like a baby, I felt like he was so grown up.  I don't know...strange, but kind of how I felt.  He was right, I don't understand how that felt.  After getting off the phone with Sean, he said, "maybe a warm bath will help".  Uh, okay.  So that's where he's at now...and he's not crying so I guess it's helping.

No comments: