Thursday, January 19, 2012

6 years of blogging!

Exactly 6 years ago today, I wrote my first post on this blog. I wrote how we had just sold our house and were moving out of Colo and back to Des Moines. Wow...lots has changed in our lives since then! I remember starting the blog and knowing that we were going to be adopting. We hadn't "officially" started the process yet, but had attended our first informational meeting at Bethany Christian Services. We knew that we wanted to have some sort of way to share our journey with our family and friends and keep them updated.

Starting this blog is something I will never regret and something I am SO thankful I did! I reference back to things on here all the time and have documented so many events, thoughts, feelings and stories that I would have likely otherwise forgotten. Sometimes I even read things I wrote and think, "I can't believe I wrote that...I don't remember feeling that way" or even sometimes I don't even recall writing certain posts! Ha. :)

In the last 6 years, Sean and I have (in no particular order) sold a house, lived in 5 different homes (yikes!), Sean has started and completed Nursing school, we've grown our family through adoption, made so many new friends, gained several nieces/nephews, moved from Colo to Des Moines and then from Des Moines to Davenport, I left a job to stay at home with Tate for a little over a year, I got a job at Wells Fargo, Sean got a his first nursing job and I left my job at Wells Fargo to stay home again, Tate started preschool, Sean's had 2 surgeries, Tate's had 1 surgery, I've still had NO surgeries, we have started and stopped the adoption process and then became a licensed foster family and began the adoption process again, our eyes have been opened to so many things that we were blind of 6 years ago, we have changed our spending habits, started living on a strict budget, started giving so much more to causes we believe in and completely healed from our pain of enduring infertility when we were blessed with the adoption world! Whew! That's a lot of things in 6 short years! And each of these events, plus 100's more are all documented on this blog. Almost every thought and fear and joy and pain and story is all right here...6 years of our life documented.

So grateful I chose to start this blog and have kept at it for 6 years. And so grateful that this blog has allowed me to meet so many of you wonderful cyber friends (some turned real friends!) and that all of you other family members and friends have continued to show an interest in our family.

Won't it be crazy when I can post about my blog's 10 year anniversary?!?! I honestly can say that I cannot imagine not having this blog, so I look forward to many more anniversaries here on A Peakin To Our Lives! :)

No comments: