Wednesday, October 19, 2011

women with power tools...

A few days ago, I blogged about how we had a table to refinish (amongst a million other things) HERE.


Literally moments later, my amazing friend Leslie sent me an email that read...


"Hey! Just read your blog. Let's get your table done! I can come over any night after I put the kids to bed. What do you think? It'd be fun! I'll ride my bike and we can drink! Ha!"


(hope you don't mind me sharing your email Leslie!)


Ummmm, OKAY! Really, how amazing is she?! So sweet of her! And she was good on her word, she road her bike over tonight (because she lives just a few short blocks away!), drank wine with me and we chatted in the garage for a couple of hours while we got the sanding of my chairs done! She also helped me decide on the fabric to upholster the seats with and pick the paint color! It was so much fun!


I made the decision to purchase an electric sander for this project...best $20 ever spent! It was amazing! We did a good job sharing the power tool, but I think both Leslie and I really loved using it! :)









And then we had to get a picture of us together, so I set my timer. It was hilarious and didn't work great, but at least we were able to document that I was there too!






We chatted a lot, laughed a lot and got a lot done! Thank you so so much, Leslie. Really, I never would have gotten this done without you pushing me!

3 comments:

Candi said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!! Leslie you are such a God send!! Excited to think the table & chairs may get done before weather turns too cool! Good job girls!!

Lisa said...

Can't wait to see the final project!

Farm-Raised said...

So fun!! I love how close you live. You'll have to come by and check out the green paint. Happy weekend--you'll do great!