Thursday, September 15, 2011

My baby boy's baby blues...



Ya, I know...he's not my "baby" anymore. You know what though? To me, he is still my baby.

He will soon be a brother! Eek! Boy am I ever worried about that transition...it's something we are not taking lightly. He has no idea what's about to come! No matter how much we try to talk to him about it and prepare him, we know that he won't really "get it" until he's living it.


He will soon be 5! 5!!!! I can hardly believe it! It seems like yesterday I was holding him in my arms for the first time, staring at him in awe that I had a son. Examining and trying to memorize every feature on his face.


5 is big to me. I am not sure why it seems SOOOO much older than 4, but it does. I am not ready for 5. I wasn't ready for 1 either. I remember not being ready for 1, wanting him to still be my baby. I am just as not ready for 5 as I was 4 years ago when he turned 1.


So for these next 3 weeks until he turns 5, I am going to do my best to fully enjoy having my 4 year old "baby" still.

1 comment:

Candi said...

Oh Tater... those eyes ARE amazing!!!!! You may be growing up way too fast but there is always going to be change in this life and it ALL goes too fast it seems! Enjoy the moments.... take it all in and fill your soul with joy and gratitude!! Praise be !! :] Happy Friday!!