Sunday, July 10, 2011

Sweet Layla

My friend Kay and I go back to the 5th grade. We grew up together. We've stood up with each other at each of our weddings, and watched as we made the decisions to start our own families.


Kay gave birth to Layla Kay 2 weeks ago and today was the day I got to meet her. Sweet bliss is what I felt as I snuggled up to this beautiful little girl whose mother I love and share so much history with. Watching Kay become a mother is so surreal. Kay and her husband Ryan are definitely blessed beyond words and smitten by their daughter.


Congratulations Kay and Ryan. I love you both so much and appreciate you letting me spend the day with you and your beautiful girl! Can't wait to see you again soon!!!










Kay and I.

















I am so disappointed that I don't have an appropriately working camera and wasn't able to take as good of pictures as I would have liked. However, Layla is so gorgeous, it doesn't matter! :)

7 comments:

JamieLynne said...

Well, even though you would have been happier with your pictures I still think they turned out great! She is so adorable!!

Cassie said...

she is PERFECT!
and of course kay looks gorgeous as well!

Beckysblog said...

and seriously Jennie...you look naked in the pictures again! ;)

Anonymous said...

The pictures look great! Ryan wants to know how you edit! We love you very much too! So glad you got to visit and will be able to visit again! Thanks for the compliment Cassie! Can't wait to see you again! Thanks for the beautiful pics! Thanks for visiting and the bagels too! Love you so much!

Love always, Kay and Layla

Jennie Peakin said...

Kay, I didn't do anything fancy for editing...I I creased the brightness and contrast in Photoshop.

Becky, I hadn't announced the news yet, but I joined a nudist colony. ;-)

Linda R said...

So glad you got to see Layla,Kay and Ryan. Thanks for the updated pictures. I only have the first week in pics.

Candi said...

Oh yes.... Layla is GORGEOUS like her mother.... what an amazing time for Kay & Ryan AND all blessed to get to hold that little girl!! :] She is so so CUTE!! Sigh!