Thursday, July 07, 2011

horses and camera issues...

Not sure if you know this about me, but I am a huge horse lover. I started taking horse riding lessons at a very young age and ended up doing some showing English style and rode for several years. It makes me giddy that my niece Lani is getting involved in the same thing. She wants to ride English as well and has a PASSION for horses and riding!




So yesterday we decided to go out to the barn where she rides and I took some pictures of the horses. :) She and I were BOTH in heaven there!













And I wish I could have gotten more creative with my pictures, but I am so mad that I'm having camera issues. It's too complicated to explain, but I need to take it in ASAP and I just know they're going to have to keep it for a while and it's going to kill me not having it! All I can shoot on is AUTO. If I shoot in the typical mode I use, my shutter speed is not fast, it's about 10x slower than it should be and so my camera must need re-calibrated or something, I don't know. Hopefully it's a quick (and inexpensive!) fix and I'll be back to shooting soon. I am heading to Kansas City this weekend and had every intention of taking LOTS of pictures (especially of my dear friend Kay's new baby, Layla!) and now I am unsure if that's going to be able to happen. :(

3 comments:

JamieLynne said...

I have my fingers crossed for an easy fix. I get fidgety if I forget it when we go somewhere far less important than meeting a baby for the first time!! :(

Anonymous said...

I love the horse pictures!

Love you, Kay

Linda R said...

Sweet Jennie, thanks for memory lane. I so enjoyed watching you and Kay ride. How well you and Kay took care of the horses you rode, and how you both smelled a little horsey when you stepped into the car when I picked you two up after a day at the barn grooming and exercising the horses.