Thursday, June 30, 2011

questions...

Tate: "Mommy? Remember when a I was in a girl's belly? Whose belly was I in?"

Me: "You don't remember?" (I was surprised he didn't remember because we talk about Maggie all the time and how he grew in her belly)

Tate: "No, will you tell me?"

Me: "Remember, her name is Maggie."

Tate: "OH YA, Maggie. I was in her belly and then she gave me to you and Daddy!"

Me: "Yes, she did. Do you know why?"

Tate: "Ummmmmmmm, no. Why?"

Me: "Because she loves you SOOOO MUCH and wants you to have the best life possible with all the things you need and a mommy and daddy who can provide you with those things that she wasn't sure she would have been able to provide for you when you were born."

Tate: "Ya, like lots and lots of my own toys!"

Uh, not really Tate, not really.

I was surprised that Tate brought this up in the middle of dinner out of no where. We talk about his adoption VERY often. We pray for Brandon and Maggie and thank God for them daily. He talks about them and knows they love him. However, he has never brought it up on his own out of no where before. He is getting to that age though that he may start to kind of "get it" more. We are prepared for that and happy to share with him anything he wants to know and answer any questions he may have. Especially with the upcoming addition of more kids into our family, he will likely have more questions. I just wanted to document this so I have a record of this first time he brought up the topic of his adoption on his own without my prompting or starting the subject.

No comments: