Wednesday, May 11, 2011

it was too hot...

...we took a break from lawn work today.

It was 95 degrees out and we were sore from the work from the previous two days.


Sean did some chainsaw work on some stumps...



And in addition to a couple of other areas, my biggest focus yesterday was on this area...




I don't have the "after" picture yet, but will be sure to take one because it looks sooo much better!
We got lots of plants delivered to us from Mike and Sarah (thanks guys!) which helped to beautify the area pictured above as well as a few other areas around the yard.


And we happened upon a plant sale where I found this sort of sad looking hydrangea (my VERY FAVORITE kind of flower!) for $6!!! I knew that I could provide it with the necessary love and care to bring it back to it's former beauty. I think it's kinda beautiful even with it's imperfections. Oh how I love me some hydrangeas!


This lawn work is hard work, but I love seeing things become more beautiful (slowly) on the outside of our house!

1 comment:

Our Journey Without Naps said...

I'm excited to see the "after" pictures. Hurry up!! =)