Wednesday, April 27, 2011

the power of prayer

Oh man, I had tears in my eyes tonight as Tate and I prayed together. Really, no words have ever sounded sweeter out of his mouth. I started to teach Tate The Lord's Prayer tonight. I would say a few words and he would repeat me. Oh.My.Word. Sweetest thing ever!

I left the room and Tate yelled for me, "MOMMY! MOMMY!" I asked him what he needed and he said, "Will you teach me The Lord's Prayer again?" We said it again. Then he asked to learn one more prayer. We said the one we've said many times, "Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep".

On a completely off topic note...I ran 2 miles today on the treadmill. Seriously, I almost died. However, I did it! Oh my goodness, don't know how I am going to run a 5k in a month. Not sure if I'll be able to do it without walking a bit. I'm going to try, but wow...it's hard! We will see!

No comments: