Thursday, April 07, 2011

I love being an Aunt!

I have a lot of things running through my head tonight. All of which are about my family...my little family of 3, my extended family and my friends who are like family. Oh my goodness, I hope that each and every one of these people know how much I love them and how much I would do for them. When one of these people hurts, I hurt.


Tonight specifically, I am thinking a lot about my nieces and nephews. There is just not any way to describe this love that my nieces and nephews have allowed me to feel. It's so very special, and before Tate, was the most unconditional love I had ever felt. I remember the rush of love I felt the first time I layed eyes on my first nephew, Brigg. Oh man, it was something. And each nephew and niece that has come along since has rushed right into my heart just the same way he did. I just love being an Aunt to each and every one of these kids!


And tomorrow I will start to watch my super wise beyond her years, adorable, sweet, hilarious, animated niece, Ayla. I can't describe how much joy this tiny little girl gives me. I got to see her come into this world and (aside from the doctor) was the the first person to see her beautiful face. She is something else, this one. I am sure I will have stories over the next weeks! I will be watching her on the days that Cassie works (which many weeks is everyday) until the end of the school year. I can't tell you how excited I am to get to see her sweet face almost every single day! Just as a special treat to kick start the next several weeks of our days together, Ayla will be spending the night here tomorrow night. Tate will get to mark one of the items off of his summer list. To say he is excited for her to get here tomorrow is an understatement. And Sean ADORES Ayla too. He is off these next 2 days (actually, he's off the next 6 days! YAY!) and is just as excited as Tate and I to have Ayla here. We have some fun things planned...and no worries, my camera will go with us wherever we go! :-)

I mean, who wouldn't want to look at this sweet little face every day?! I have a feeling my camera is going to get quite a workout over the next several weeks. Can't wait for Ayla to grace the pages of my blog a bit more frequently!

2 comments:

Candi said...

Have fun little girl... Tate will show you all his dance moves for sure!! : ) HAVE FUN little Ayla bug!

JamieLynne said...

That is a great picture jennie! Not that I am surprised because your pictures are always great... but I know you like comments. :)