Friday, March 11, 2011

Photo Shoot Success and LOTS of pictures!

I need to pre-warn all of you that you are about to witness some serious cuteness. Okay, I may be a bit biased, but I'm not sure that I've ever seen a cuter 4 1/2 year old in my life. To say that my heart skips a beat when I look at my son would be an understatement.
I had a "real" photo shoot with Tate today. Like the real deal...planned, picked an outfit (which I'll talk about in a minute) went to a new location (which I will ALSO talk about in a minute) and spent over an hour photographing my most adorable little man...and my handsome hubby joined him for a few as well! :)
I am about to post A TON of pictures...like maybe upwards of 25. Not sure yet. And THAT might be difficult. You see, I took 366 pictures of Tate and after deleting the blurry, blinking, awkward expression images, I still am left with over 300 pictures I adore...like LOVE. First of all, I am in love with this new location I discovered. It's an old abandoned building with all kinds of exposed brick and old wood that has paint chipping off of it. Not to mention, it's right on some train tracks and next to those tracks is another building that's all metal and rust colored and beautiful. I.am.in.love. I can't wait to do more photo shoots at this location!
Now onto Tate's outfit. Several weeks ago, he got this hat that he loves...wears it everywhere. I wanted to do a photo shoot with him wearing it, but had no idea what shirt to put on him with the hat. Thanks to the Von Maur sale rack, I found a perfect shirt for $9 that went with the look of the hat. I was planning on just putting him in jeans with the shirt and hat. That is until we went to Colo last weekend and sorted through several of Sean's old clothes. We found a super old school pair of green pants. Seeing as his hat is black and green plaid and the pants matched them great AND it's St. Patrick's Day season (I mean if there was a such thing as "St. Patrick's Day season") and we're Peakins which is about as Irish as Irish can be, why not do a sort of St Patrick's Day themed outfit right? Right! I did do some no hat shots though right at the beginning.
This photo is hilarious. Let me explain...
So this was one of the first photos I took. I have to mention that Tate was crazy cooperative...like unbelievable! So he's leaning casually against the wall with one hand...cute. He didn't know what to do with his other hand and so I just say, "try to put it kind of on your hip" (which may have looked kind of feminine anyway, so kind of glad he didn't do that). Anyway, he does this...
And then he says, "Is this my hip?"
Um, no. That would be your ankle.
Note to self...work a little harder on teaching Tate his body parts.
TONS and TONS of pictures to come in the next few posts!

No comments: