Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Wednesday Randoms

First of all, I am devastated. I had yet to find something at Aldi that I was unhappy with. That is until today. I unwrapped my Aldi toilet paper that I was trying for the first time. It is terrible, terrible I tell you! SO disappointing! :( And now I have 4 rolls of scratchy, 1 ply toilet paper that I am tempted to trash, but I won't. I am going to be miserable for the next couple of weeks until it is gone! Ugh. Moral of the story...don't buy toilet paper at Aldi, just don't do it.

Tate got a Barbie for his birthday from The Knutsons. To make a long story short...he played with the Ken dolls when we were in Florida with them and so kind of as a joke (but not really because he really liked playing with Ken) they got him "Fashionista Ken" for his birthday. It is honestly one of his favorite toys. Anyway, he has named his Ken doll, Kendall. Sean kind of started it, but now Tate will say, "where's Kendall?" or "look at Kendall wipe out mommy!". It's pretty funny. Anyway, tonight when I put Tate to bed he said, "Mommy, can I have another Kendall for Christmas?". Oh geez. Sean will not be happy to hear this and may just blame it on the Knutsons! Ha.

And I MUST share with you my recent family photo shoot. I did some family photos for my brother and sister-in-law's family. Love the images I captured...love this family. Check HERE for more from their shoot.


I had a super productive day today. I think I learned the secret to that. Sleep. Yup, I was asleep by 9pm last night and didn't wake up until 8am this morning. It was glorious and I felt amazing when I woke up. I know that this is not rocket science people. I can't help it though...I'm just a total night owl! So I am going to try and get to sleep much earlier tonight and going forward. We will see how this goes. :)

Tate is nearly impossible to buy tennis shoes for. I'm telling you, this child has some WIDE feet! It's an issue. Plus, he HATES trying shoes on, but he isn't the type of child I can just buy shoes for and assume they'll fit. Nope, he needs to try them on. So today, I was ecstatic that I managed to find him 2 pairs of tennis shoes that fit him! Thank you Von Maur No Interest charge card! :) Finding shoes for him is so hard that no matter the cost, if I find some that work, they are going to be purchased! The reason I bought 2 pair? Well, I found a great pair that were a bit large, but know they'll fit him in a month or 2 and as I was going to purchase them, out of the corner of my eye I saw the sale rack. :) I found a pair a half size smaller and a PERFECT fit right now that were $16 (originally $50)!!! Score! To top it off, they are black and gold! He calls them his Hawkeye shoes. :)

It was Taco Night at our house and boy did those tacos hit the spot! Yummy! Tate ate about a cup of salsa and when his food was gone, he picked up the rest of his little salsa bowl and said, "can I drink this?". Ya, he likes salsa.

I have a few new recipes I plan to try in the next month that may make an appearance on A Peakin To My Recipe Book. It's been a long time since I've posted on there and it's due for some new recipes! :) I'll be sure to let you know when I've posted some one there.

1 comment:

sarak said...

Maybe he needs to "borrow a girl barbie too:))"